By using this website you agree to the following policies.
(1)Personally Identifiable Information: Personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, postal address, phone number, etc. We do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with our Website. For instance, you may provide your name, postal/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when using our online store. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice.
(2) Non-Personal Information: Non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. We collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using, the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
How we use & share the information collected
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service.
(2) Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
Other uses & information
(1) IP Addresses: When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to track the use of our Website.
(2) Cookies, etc.: “Cookies” are small text files from a website that are stored on your hard drive. These text files make using our Website more convenient by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. Cookies themselves do not typically contain any personally identifiable information. You should be able to direct your internet browser to notify you and seek approval whenever a cookie is being sent to your hard drive. You may also delete a cookie manually from your hard drive through your internet browser or other programs.
(3) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless it relates to purchases you have made with us, we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose.
(4) Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law.
(5) Your California Privacy Rights: Residents of the State of California, under certain provisions of the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third party direct marketing purposes. You are limited to one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may contact us to request the information in writing.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The features of our Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
Keeping your information secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
When accessing our site, you will see “https://” as part of our address. That means you are accessing our site over a secure protocol and that greenmethods.com has been verified by Network Solutions and were issued a certificate. Please note that when ordering online, we do not collect your credit card number — Either Authorize.net or PayPal will collect your information and this will be transacted on their secure servers. We feel your data will be in good hands.
We will never use your email address unless we need to contact you about your order, if applicable. We will never ask for any sensitive information such as a credit card number by email. We will only ask for this information by phone or fax, and only if you’re paying for an order by that means. We will never send you offers or solicitations in any form to your email address. We have a strict zero-spam policy!
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
Contact & opt-out information
Every effort was made to make this web site accessible and usable, and to provide concise and accurate details of biological pest control and IPM. However, due to the nature of biological pest control and IPM — nature being the operative word — many variables exist. It is therefore recommended that practitioners of biocontrol and IPM do follow the procedures and protocols explained in this web site’s content, but only with a certain amount of reservation and caution. Only small undertakings are recommended for novices until, through experimentation, the techniques best suited for that person, system or operation are revealed and a certain amount of confidence is realized. We will not be liable or held accountable for anything on this web site or the site itself, for any damages, direct or consequential.
All content and photos, unless otherwise marked, are the intellectual property of Beneficial Insectary Inc. (© 1992-2017). You may enjoy the site for your own use or as part of a teaching presentation, and you may print the pages and use them for personal or teaching purposes. You may also quote partial content excerpts used in referencing materials (of all media types), blog and news articles, forum posts, and critical reviews. Usages must show the material source web address, or by visible text link if on the web.